A 5-Step Guide to Paying Too Much for Telecom
To put it very simply, telecom (short for “telecommunications”) is a general term used to reference a vast array of technologies that enable us to communicate over distances. More specifically, this entails transmitting and receiving data, voice, and video information through electronic means. Those are all essential services, but how do you know if you’re paying too much?
Let’s look at a 5-step plan for paying too much for your telecom:
- Sign up for a company with less-than-transparent billing. One problem that too many businesses and individuals run into is signing up for telecommunication companies that include a lot of mysterious coding and terms on the bills. Instead of signing up with a company that makes you use high-tech encryption to decipher your bill, save money with TelDesigns. You will clearly see exactly what you’re paying for!
- Don’t catch billing errors. This can certainly tie into our previous step, but billing errors cost companies staggering amounts of money every year. Assuming you are able to read your bill easily, do you actually go through to make sure it all checks out? Now, you can certainly spend the time to do so every month, but a better idea is to go with a company that focuses on quality and ensuring your bill is exactly what it should be.
- Make sure you have to pay for international calling. Along with having to call home when you’re on an overseas trip, this is a sure way to watch your money leave your account. A better option is to use VoIP to make a call from here at home to the businesses and partners you work with overseas without additional cost. Further, it will provide flexibility as you can make cost-effective international calls from your smartphone using your plan.
- Set up local, long distance, and 800-services separate from each other. Instead, a smarter move is to bundle these services with a cloud-based phone system and your costs will likely be much less than what you’re paying now for just the service. Not sure if you’re getting the best value for your money? Connect with TelDesigns to determine if you could be doing better!
- Pay absurd amounts for rickety replacement equipment. If you are working with companies who provide traditional phone systems, this could be a prime way to spend too much on your telecommunications. Old, used phone replaces are often the only kinds of devices that work with these companies’ current systems. Whereas some vintage phones are “cool,” these are certainly not them!
So that’s what you should do if you want to waste your money spending too much on telecom. Even better is our 1-step plan to making sure you aren’t spending more than you need to – contact TelDesigns today! Simply give us a call at (616) 965-2030, and don’t forget to connect with us on social media via our Facebook and LinkedIn accounts:
LinkedIn (Anthony Wedeven, Founder and CEO)
PO Box 2625
Holland, MI 49422